Présentation de la structure
JOGL has developed an ambitious program dedicated to the African continent to promote and strengthen African open science and open source innovation. We are seeking to extend our team to better support local open science projects and communities with regional partners in Africa. We are therefore looking for a highly motivated and autonomous person to help us operationalise JOGL in Africa.
Détails de l'offre
You will be working closely and remotely with the Program Manager, a team of Local Coordinators and ambassadors, as well as experts, in conjunction with the global team structure of JOGL (visit the team section on our website) and an existing and growing network of partners. We convene regularly (weekly and bi-monthly meetings) for the regional as well as the global teams, respectively, in order to coordinate and facilitate seamless development of the projects and programs hosted on the JOGL platform
1. Preferably based in Africa (Senegal or Francophone region)
2. In-depth knowledge and experience of business innovation in the pan-African context in its diversity and complexity
3. Understanding of the academic, entrepreneurial and/or innovation landscape and knowledge of various communities in these sectors on the continent
4. Experience with digital tools and communication platforms that are actively used in various parts of the continent for efficient communication. Ability to use Slack, Zoom and social media platforms efficiently for community management
5. Strong visual communicator with excellent design skills
6. Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide others (employees and volunteers) when necessary
7. Takes action proactively and works well independently and with minimal supervision
8. Ability to identify potential negative or crisis situations and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues
9. Fluent written and spoken English (JOGL working language) as well as excellent French language skills. Fluency in, Arabic, Portuguese or a widely spoken African language like Kiswahili is a plus
10. Female and/or non-binary candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Modalités de candidature
1- Fill out this application form. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
2- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide answers to a set of questions
3- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by JOGL's CEO Thomas Landrain and the JOGL Africa team
In case of any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org